The Society's Management Committee
is responsible for the overall running of the organisation with the "nuts and bolts" of our conservation work done by our subcommittees.
We always welcome new members, or people wanting to come along and find out more!
Read about our latest Conservation Work in
Environmental Education Subcommittee
Bat Night 2012
Over the years, the Environmental Education Subcommittee has worked on and supported the Bush Trackers
, Bat Night and various other projects.
They are developing plans for exciting community events and activities to encourage more kids and adults to explore, investigate and celebrate our beautiful natural environment.
If you're interested or inspired to help out with ideas or assistance, please contact Cathy.
Contact: Cathy Cavanagh - email@example.com
The Society has ten or so major events each year - the Events Subcommittee makes them the success that they are.
Events include -
- stalls at Springwood Foundation Day, Winter Magic and Bat Night
- meetings and rallies - such as Threatened Species Day and Protect Our National Parks Rally
- the annual Mick Dark Talk, Sunset Gathering and Annual General Meeting
The subcommittee arranges the venue booking, seating, catering and technical requirements.
We can always use extra helpers for our events.
Contact: our Events Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
Katoomba Airfield Subcommittee
The Department of Industry is currently considering negotiating a new long-term commercial lease over Katoomba Airfield to a private commercial operator.
The Katoomba Airfield Subcommittee works with the Katoomba Airfield Community Group in opposing the commercialisation of Katoomba Airfield.
For further details, see our Katoomba Airfield Lease webpage.
Contact: Tara Cameron - email@example.com
Land Use Subcommittee
Save Our LEP Rally
The Land Use Subcommittee examines State Government and Council policies, as well as development applications affecting environmentally sensitive land in the Blue Mountains.
It's also on the look out for activities that contravene environmental laws and regulations - like land clearing and dumping.
The Land Use Subcommittee -
Help us to mitigate harmful developments before they happen!
Contact: our Land Use Officer - firstname.lastname@example.org
National Parks Subcommittee
Protect Our National Parks
The National Parks Subcommittee's aim is -
- to identify and address threats to the Greater Blue Mountains' national parks and state conservation areas
- to promote the qualities and conservation values of the Greater Blue Mountains' national parks and state conservation areas
- to identify and campaign for additions to the national park estate - particularly inholdings.
Contact: our President - email@example.com