A 360° panorama of Butterbox Point and the Grose Valley
Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Experience
The Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Experience (GBMWHE) website was created in 2010 to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the World Heritage listing of the Greater Blue Mountains.
Butterbox Point at dawn
click the image to access a scrollable panorama
The GBMWHE is based on an original idea by David Brazil.
The Society applied for and received a grant from the Australian Government’s Caring For Our Country initiative.
Aaron Spence of Panedia was commissioned to take a series of 360° panoramas of the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area's national parks and reserves.
Access to National Parks - especially Jenolan Caves and Kedumba Valley - were provided by the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service. Thanks to Jacq, Arthur and Ted.
The first "photo shoot" was at dawn at Mt. Hay on Sunday 12th September, 2010.
Ian Brown & Aaron Spence
at Kevins Watch
click the image to see a larger version
This was followed by trips to many Greater Blue Mountains lookouts and scenic locations - several of which are included in the gallery below
The result was 33 narrated panoramas that were built into the GBMWHE website. Plus the GBMWHE DVD (now unavailable).
Many people were involved in this undertaking. In particular -
- Tara Cameron (as President at the time) and the BMCS Management Committee for providing additional financial support, encouragement and artistic freedom.
- The GBMWHE Subcommittee of Alan, Liz, Bart, Lachlan, John, Chris and Christine.
- Bob van Reyswood for guiding Aaron around the greater Wollemi area and providing
accommodation for Aaron.
- Ian Brown's advice and the words used on the narrated panoramas.
- Aaron Spence of Panedia who shot, prepared and narrated the panoramas.
A Gallery of GBMWHE Panoramas
Here's a selection of panoramas. Click the image to access a scrollable panorama.
If the images aren't shown, try reloading the webpage.
Kevins Watch and Pantoneys Crown
Maxwell's Hut in the Kedumba Valley
2022 Federal Election material is authorised by
Madi Maclean, Blue Mountains Conservation Society Inc, 92 Fletcher St., Wentworth Falls NSW 2782
© 2022 Blue Mountains Conservation Society Inc.
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of this land
– the Darug and Gundungurra people –
and pay respect to their Elders past, present and emerging.