Ruined Castle Bushfire - December 2019
Blue Mountains Bushfire Watch
Useful resources for protecting yourself and wildlife
- NSW bushfires can be tracked at Fires Near Me. This is the information to monitor and act on.
- In addition, there's Digital Earth Australia Hotspots which is a national bushfire monitoring system that uses satellite sensors to detect areas producing high levels of infrared radiation. NB. The satellites only pass over a given area between 2 and 4 times a day.
- For a more detailed map that shows the hot spots and combines it with the Fires Near Me information see this ArcGIS webpage. Zooming in shows the detail. Magic!
- Here's a list of Neighbourhood Safer Places provided by the Rural Fire Service.
- Information about road closures is available on the NSW Livetraffic website.
- Use Flight Radar 24 to find aerial fire fighting activity.
- Useful information about wildlife protection in relation to bushfires is available on the BMCC website.
- More information on wildlife protection is available on an app called; Help Wildlife Near Me, developed by Science for Wildlife.
- Find more information about the 2019-20 bushfires and the affect of bushfires on the natural environment can be found on our main Bushfires webpage.
Contact us © 2023 Blue Mountains Conservation Society Inc. 2023 NSW State Election material is authorised by Madi Maclean,
Blue Mountains Conservation Society Inc, 92 Fletcher St., Wentworth Falls NSW 2782
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of this land
– the Darug and Gundungurra people –
and pay respect to their Elders past, present and emerging.