Ruined Castle Bushfire - December 2019
Blue Mountains Bushfire Watch
Useful resources for protecting yourself and wildlife
- NSW bushfires can be tracked at Fires Near Me. This is the information to monitor and act on.
- In addition, there's Digital Earth Australia Hotspots which is a national bushfire monitoring system that uses satellite sensors to detect areas producing high levels of infrared radiation. NB. The satellites only pass over a given area between 2 and 4 times a day.
- For a more detailed map that shows the hot spots and combines it with the Fires Near Me information see this ArcGIS webpage. Zooming in shows the detail. Magic!
- Here's a list of Neighbourhood Safer Places provided by the Rural Fire Service.
- Information about road closures is available on the NSW Livetraffic website.
- Use Flight Radar 24 to find aerial fire fighting activity.
- Useful information about wildlife protection in relation to bushfires is available on the BMCC website.
- More information on wildlife protection is available on an app called; Help Wildlife Near Me, developed by Science for Wildlife.
- Find more information about the 2019-20 bushfires and the affect of bushfires on the natural environment can be found on our Bushfires webpage.
© 2024 Blue Mountains Conservation Society Inc.
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of this land
website by Waratah Software
– the Darug and Gundungurra people –
and pay respect to their Elders past, present and emerging.