National Heritage Values
The Towards National Heritage Report
was prepared by Ian Brown in 2016 for the Colong Foundation for Wilderness
and the Blue Mountains Conservation Society
Natural values considered in the report include -
- plant communities
- plant species
- endangered ecological communities
- fauna diversity
- threatened species
- wilderness and
- ecological resilience (in relation to climate change).
Cultural values are less well documented but include -
- Aboriginal heritage
- historic heritage (recognising that Aboriginal and historic heritage are integrated)
- recreation and
- scenery/aesthetic values.
Also included are several values of national significance, if not global significance.
The 100 page report is accompanied by glorious images, maps and tables.
© 2020 Blue Mountains Conservation Society Inc.
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of this land
website by Waratah Software
– the Dharug and Gundungurra people –
and pay respect to their Elders past, present and emerging.