Katoomba Airfield Lease
What You Can Do
We need your help URGENTLY!
Katoomba Airfield is still at risk of development into a commercial airfield. The proposed lease, that was initially rejected, is now being reconsidered.
We need your help to secure Katoomba Airfield’s long–term future, by ensuring that:
- the original decision to reject the lease is upheld; and
- the site is incorporated into the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area.
If we don’t act now, we risk forever ruining our National Park. The proposed commercial airfield would directly impact the threatened species that live close to the site, destroy the natural quiet of the renowned Grand Canyon walk and Grose Valley wilderness, and impact the local community.
This is our last chance to have the Katoomba Airfield included in the national park system, safeguarding its biodiversity and ensuring an ongoing peaceful visitor experience of the Grand Canyon and Grose Valleys.
Send a letter to Minister Pavey
We need you to urgently send a letter to Melinda Pavey, MP, NSW Minister for Water, Property and Housing.
The Society has already written to Minister Pavey, as well as other politicians and needs the community to act now too.
- Suggested text for your letter can be downloaded in Word format or RTF format; or you can cut and paste it from this webpage.
- You should personalise your letter as individual personalised letters carry more weight with politicians than form letters or emails.
- We have highlighted in red the parts of the letter where you can add your own text.
- Once you have finished your letter, save it and then send via the correspondence e-portal for Minister Pavey.
- You can either "cut and paste" your letter to the web-form, or attach it.
- Alternatively, you can print and send the letter to:
The Hon. Melinda Pavey, MP
Minister for Water, Property & Housing (Crown Lands)
Postal: GPO Box 5341, SYDNEY NSW 2001
Note, letters to NSW Ministers can only be sent by completing an online form, or by post - not by email.
So that we know how many letters have been sent to the Minister, once you have sent your letter could you please let us know via the campaign email: email@example.com
What else you can do
Get social and help spread the word!
Facebook :: Twitter
Make a donation to help support "Katoomba Airfield" campaign
Join the Blue Mountains Conservation Society to help conserve the Blue Mountains environment
© 2021 Blue Mountains Conservation Society Inc.
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of this land
website by Waratah Software
– the Darug and Gundungurra people –
and pay respect to their Elders past, present and emerging.